A New Creation

This wasn't the message I started more than a week ago to share with you.  I wanted to tell you about a special song God had placed in my life.  Although singing solo has always made me shake down to my toes, I bought the track for this particular song quite some time ago and was preparing to sing.  Not to long afterwards, I had my first ear surgery, and the changes in my hearing forced me to quit singing.

A few weeks ago I was cleaning and found the CD, and my husband caught me singing through.  The message of the song is so powerful in my life.  Sunday night I will be sharing with my church.  While I have retrained my ears to finally be somewhat comfortable with a group, this will be my first time singing alone in more than three years.

I've worked hard to overcome the lack of confidence I face trying to sing with ears that don't always catch what they should.  This week, I've fought a harder battle:  the vioce of satan at every turn, telling me I'm not good enough or strong enough to present the message of God. 

This morning, with the light streaming through the curtains, God whispered these verses to me from 2 Corinthians.

2 Corinthinas 5:16-20 (The Message)
Because of this decision we don’t evaluate people by what they have or how they look. We looked at the Messiah that way once and got it all wrong, as you know. We certainly don’t look at him that way anymore. Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins. God has given us the task of telling everyone what he is doing. We’re Christ’s representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God’s work of making things right between them. We’re speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; he’s already a friend with you.

We are a new creation in Christ.  Beyond that, we have a obligation to be his witnesses.  While we should lead a life representative of Christ, we are not perfect, and through our imperfections he often times shows just how powerful he truly is. 

So I ask for your prayers for confidence and boldness to share the amazing things God has done in my life. I'm thankful for the challenges he places before us to show us his power in our lives.  Don't let the things God has already forgiven you for stop you from being the witness he called you to be.  Chances are they are the very reason why he called you in the first place.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace

A True Friend