On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace


My blog has been silent for a couple of weeks.  I've spent a lot of time listening, intensely, to the call God placed on my heart more than two years ago.  Until now I have been able to shove it neatly back into that corner, waiting on this huge opportunity for everything to fall perfectly into place as I wanted it to happen.

God has called our family to make changes this year.  We started off looking at a relocation, to make things logistically easier.  Instead change has been about awakening our very complacent spiritual souls and reviving the heart of our family.  We have been so guilty of "going through the motions" of life, living by a checklist of what needs to be done, then falling into bed exhausted at the end of the day with nothing left to give.

I have been so incredibly blessed with a job that has fed my passionate desire to help people.  Its been an honor to know that every day I worked, I made a difference in the lives of people across our world, as well as my neighbors and family.  A fantastic career, good pay and awesome benefits.  Something great to make a family feel comfortable as we prepare for cars, college and retirement.

Yet I was falling into bed exhausted at the end of the day with nothing left to give the ones with whose care I have been charged.  A teenage daughter...now is the time she needs my advice and guidance.  A son who still hugs and loves on his mom...so short is the time until he becomes too cool for that.  A husband of 16 years who has stood by and supported me, and pushed me over the edge to pursue the person God has called me to be.  After a while even the job fueling the passion was a series of motions too.

So after much prayer as a family, I am taking a leap forward on faith, leaving my place of comfort to answer the call I have been asking to come in a different way.  I wanted a promotion, a pay increase and a regular schedule, but He has closed the doors on this avenue in multiple situations.  Surrendering to the call and stepping out to take this challenge has taken a bigger leap that I expected, but I have the perfect peace of knowing its the right one.

So for now, I will be working from home with a schedule that lets me finish by 3:30 and care for my family.  I can help people during my shift, and pack the job away until the next morning.  Its going to require a pretty good budget adjustment, relying on the diligence we've needed to have as we had gotten "comfortable."  We also know God is the provider and he has never failed to give us what we need.

I've also felt the calling to get serious with my writing, and now is the time for that.  The book outline, tucked neatly away in my journal, may very well find its way to publication.  I want to grow my blog, not to self serve or promote, but to reach those who need encouragement through Jesus Christ.

Most of all, I want to follow the will of my heavenly father as I discover the person he wants me to become.  So I ask for your prayers as I take this Leap forward with my life and as my family comes along for the ride. 

Thank you to the many who have touched my life during the past five years.  You know who you are.  The stories of courage and faith I take away, the privilege of friendships and working alongside such a caring and dedicated group of people, they will remain with me always and have changed my life in such a positive way. 




Comments

  1. Jenn...those steps are so hard to take...but as a CHRIST FOLLOWER he will make provision for you and your family in ways you can never imagine. If you ever begin to doubt, call me, and i can give you a nudge. I cherish the friendship we have developed and look anxiously ahead to read your blog, book and to hear how God is moving in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn...I have known you for a while. I just want to take the time to thank you for your blogs most of all the obedience to the call of God. My pastor has been preaching a series of "Get out of your boat" and its the comfort zone that we all don't want to leave but God has called us to do a job and he has equipped us with the Word to do that. I pray that God continues to bless and speak to you and your family. God Bless sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

A True Friend

Go and Tell