Beauty Around Us

 
I've always been and admirer of God's handiwork in nature.  The sky at sunset, a bolt of lightning in the midst of a storm, the tiny falling snowflake, the bold colors of the leaves in the fall:  Does it not amaze you the detail God put into creating this world? 
 
My Bible reading tonight took me to Job 26, a conversation between a man who had lost everything and his friend who questions why he still holds on to hope. 
 
I was taken back at Job, who through everything could speak so eloquently of God's power displayed in the beauty of the world.  Verse 14 took my breath away.   
 

Job 26:14 (NASB)

“Behold, these are the fringes of His ways;
And how faint a word we hear of Him!
But His mighty thunder, who can understand?”
 
 We see God's power in little things all around us, but Job saw a bigger picture.  We don't see the real power of God until we have experienced his mighty thunder in our lives. 
 
I'm closing this tonight with a video project containing photos from a friend I met several months ago.  She has a passion for photographing God's beauty.  Be sure to look at the video in full screen mode so you can see the detail in the pictures.  Check out her web site:  http://www.harperlanephotography.com/.  Thanks, Darlene, for allowing me to use your beautiful work.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace

A True Friend