Mixing It Up


I'm in love with a mixer.  Yes, its the Empire Red KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer.  An avid cook, kitchen appliances and utensils rank on my wish list.  I've been drooling over her for quite some time.

See this beauty?  She's my Sunbeam.  Purchased from a neighbor after his wife passed away from cancer, she is my first stand mixer.  She has a heavy duty motor, dough hook, and she mixes a mean batch of chocolate icing.  The kind that leaves your average hand mixer smokin'.

In all honesty, the KitchenAid Artisan mixer is a shiny newer version of what I already have. 

My Sunbeam has created many memories in our home...birthday cakes, goodies for friends and family, and most importantly the opportunity for me and my children to spend time together.

I didn't get to know my neighbor that well, she passed not too long after we moved here.  But I am sure the mixer made plenty of memories in her house too.  I understand she loved to cook like I do.

This week, God chose my Sunbeam to inspire my message.

I am turning 40 this year.  There are plenty of days I'm starting to feel less like the KitchenAid and more like my Sunbeam; not nearly as shiny, a little out of date on my technology and worn from plenty of use.  Its not a feeling of being old, but more of a realization of a greater purpose.

Titus 2:3-5 NIV
3 In the same way, older women are to be reverent in behavior. They are to teach what is good, 4 so they may encourage the young women to love their husbands and to love their children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, homemakers, kind, and submissive to their husbands, so that God’s message will not be slandered.

I can think proudly on many women who have made a significant impact on my life and continue to do so every day.  They are prayer warriors, dedicated wives and loving mothers.  They are examples I have followed and ladies of which I have asked advice.  They are a little worn too from life, but oh, the stories they can pass along.

While making a simple batch of cookies with my Sunbeam, I realized I have become one of those women.  Now its my turn to not only look up to those who have more experience and have stood the test of time, but to turn around and to be an example for those coming behind me.

The realization others are watching and learning not only creates an exciting opportunity, but a challange to make sure we walk the walk.  Our actions not only affect ourselves, but those who may be following our example.

Red and shiny she may not be, but that Sunbeam is still making tons of tasty treats.  From the looks of this blog, its also creating a stronger and better woman.  Maybe I'm not as ready for that new mixer as I thought I was.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace

A True Friend