Happy New Year



Happy New Year!  Its a chance for people all across the world to reflect on the past year and to create "resolutions" for the one upcoming.  First of all, let me say thank you.  During the past year "The Plan I Have For You" has grown in readership and has now been viewed by almost 3,200 people in 10 countries.  I am humbled.  I never would have dreamed the desire God laid on my heart to use my love for writing as a ministry tool would reach such a broad audience. 

Today in my quiet time, I found these verses:

1 Timothy 4:14-16
14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you; it was given to you through prophecy, with the laying on of hands by the council of elders. 15 Practice these things; be committed to them, so that your progress may be evident to all. 16 Pay close attention to your life and your teaching; persevere in these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and your hearers.


Until now, my blog has been something I've committed to as a hobby...sharing when God gave me a message AND when I could squeeze a few spare moments between other projects to write these messages down.  Its very rewarding to hear the comments of those who have stopped by and been encouraged by something I shared. 

As I read 1 Timothy today, I found my resolution, or as I prefer to call it, my "challenge" for 2013 (the competitive soul inside needs motivation).  Blogging is not a just my hobby, its a calling.  Its my duty to search the word harder for the messages God wants me to share instead of waiting until I run across one.  Blogging is a gift he has called me to use, and as verse 15 says, to be committed to doing.

Committing to blogging regularly means also opening myself up as an example. Expect success stories, expect failures.  I am far from perfect.  But I am definitely forgiven.  There is my greatest message.

So expect to see a lot more of me here in 2013.   Please continue to share your comments, they mean so much!  Share my page with someone you know who might need a pick me up.  Feel free to message me with your prayer requests, publicly or privately.  Pray God continues to provide direction for this opportunity to grow and to touch more lives. 

I thank God for each of you and what you mean to me.  Happy 2013.

What is your God-given "talent" he's asking you to use this year? Accept the challenge.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace