Forgetting to Shout

I was concentrating on the microphone shaking in my hand.  Solo singing isn't in my comfort zone, especially since I'm never quite sure how things will sound in my world.  More than two years after ear surgery my ears still play tricks on me.  There was one thing I heard clearly this morning.  The message in the words I was singing. 

We will remember, we will remember, we will remember, the works of your hands.
We will stop, and give you praise for great is thy faithfulness.

As we walk through life's lonely valley, we will look back at all your have done.
And we will shout, our God is good, and he is the faithful one.

In that moment, I saw the hard times of my life before my eyes.  Once you get on the back side, its easy to rejoice in his goodness.  We say thank you, and move on.  Until the next trial...

How often is it in that moment, to look at the mountain we are facing, and cry in despair?  We often complain about our situation.  We fail to recognize the power of God in the moments where his provision for us is the greatest.

How could I not honor my father, in the times when he carried me through my valleys?  What if we, instead of hiding our head in shame, or vocalizing our displeasure, took the time to shout of God's goodness and faithfulness.  Don't you think it would have a significant impact on our attitude?

More importantly, think about how this single act would impact others.  What a witness we make when we can praise God in good times and hard times.

I'm so thankful for the opportunity to stand this morning and share in song, because there was a time it wasn't possible to do so.  I remember the gaping hole in my heart not being able to use my voice to worship.  It's through those dark days I learned to appreciate the beauty of music and the gift I had been given.  I'm even more thankful that through this opportunity he shared such a great reminder of his love for me, in every situation.

I still remember the day you saved me, the day I heard you call out my name.
You said you'd love me, and never leave me, and I've never been the same.


Lord, thank you for calling me to be your child.  Forgive me for the times when I forget your faithful provision for me.  Help me to remember to shout your praises in all situations.  Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace

A True Friend