Have Fun

“So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.”
Ecclesiastes 8:15 NLT

These verses spoke to me so loudly this morning!  18 days.  That's all that are left until its showtime.  Another bout with vertigo in a time when I don't need to slow down has left me in a state of panic.  I can't get sick...I can't function with ringing ears and a dizzy head.  How will it all get done?

My husband can come home after a hard day, flick on the television, and get lost in the screen. He can drop in the middle of a busy day for a 15 minute nap, or go outside and just meander around. It frustrates me! Why...because I am a doerIf there is a project to complete anywhere in sight (sometimes not in sight) it calls my name. On top of being a doer, add perfectionist.

I've been with people time after time who are worried things aren't going right, or get overwhelmed with their position. I tell them it will all be fine, and to have fun with this. If you can't have fun, then its not what you need to be doing.  Have I stopped to take my own advice?

Its the busiest time of the year for me...kind of like Christmas for Macy's.  Projects don't get finished, and the work never ends.  Long hours, let downs, things that don't go right...they all weigh on my shoulders.  Not being able to go far enough or last long enough tugs at my heart.

I've let the hard work overwhelm me, and I've forgotten to have fun.  Fun with the family, to escape the pressures.  Fun with my friends who remind me how blessed I truly am.  Fun with my volunteers who are so precious and give back to me in ways they never will fully know.  In the end, only a bride knows what didn't go perfect at her wedding, and so it will be with these five amazing events.  When all is said and done, it will be a beautiful day, full of celebration.  And it will be fun.

Hard work, its a given.  But don't forget to have fun along the way!  Here's to a great week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace

A True Friend