Prayer Whimp or Prayer Warrior?

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
Matthew 7:7-8 (ESV)

A great message from my pastor in his devotional yesterday morning about prayer. These verses tell us that if we ask, it will be given, and if we seek, we shall find.  In his message, he goes on to say if we aren't getting answers, we should pray even harder!  Jesus prayed until he sweated drops of blood.
I've been praying about something for an extended period of time.  I know its not a selfish prayer.  But I've prayed and I've prayed, and yet the doors I thought should lead to the path I was seeking keep closing in front of me.  I know its a prayer he will answer in time...but how long?

Reading these verses yesterday, I realized what a prayer whimp I am.  I've asked God to make things happen, but I am afraid if I tell him I REALLY want it, and its not his will, it will be a disaster.  So I haven't asked for it outright, face on the floor.  I've want it in my terms, fearing what his would mean. 

God never puts us in a situation that isn't for our best, and he never puts us through things that we can't endure, while we shape and mold into the end result of what he wants us to be.    

So thank you Pastor for reminding me not to fear asking God for the desires of my heart, and for reminding me he does answer.  Prayer warrior, face on the floor, asking without reservation for his will in my life...not being afraid to handle it...and reaping the glorious rewards he promises those who obey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

A True Friend

Go and Tell