Exodous 33

Exodous 33
19 The Lord replied, “I will make all my goodness pass before you, and I will call out my name, Yahweh,2021 The Lord continued, “Look, stand near me on this rock. 22 As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and let you see me from behind. But my face will not be seen. before you. For I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose. But you may not look directly at my face, for no one may see me and live.” ”

I had a good laugh reading this chapter.  Moses is preparing to lead the Israelites out of Egypt.  God plainly tells Moses he will not go with them because they are stubborn and rebellious, and he will surely kill them along the way.  Wow!  Its a wonder many of us today are still alive too...

Moses then asks God that if he will not go with them to show his presence.  God tells him to go to a rock and stand, and as he passes by, he places Moses in the crevice of the rock and covers him with his hand.  After he passes, he lets him see his back, for no one can stand to look upon his face.

I immediately thought to those dark times in my life.  God protected Moses by placing him between rocks!  How many times have we found ourselves between a rock and a hard place, afterward knowing it was for the best as God's plan was revealed?  Moses saw his glory afterward...so often do we.  But Moses was protected by God's hand.  Our Father stretches out his hand and covers us when we need it most.

God loves us, as stubborn and rebellious as we are.  He takes care of us, even in our own wilderness.  He is so magnificent we cannot even stand to look at him face to face.  Almighty God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace

A True Friend