117 Days...A Very Special Guest Blog



I do not believe for a moment God puts people in your life by accident.  A few weeks ago, I was given the great honor to preview a book written by a young man who has an incredible God story.  It is his biography, in which he shares the challenges he faced growing up, and how for part of his life he completely turned his back on God.  Even in those times when he didn't believe, you can see seeds being planted.  God miraculously spared his life after a serious auto accident and began to make a change in his heart.  This man, who wasn't even expected to live much less walk, will begin a cross country trek on foot in just a few days to share the message of Christ, coast to coast.

I hope you enjoy the blog, and I encourage you to buy his book.  Please join me in covering Jason with prayer for safety, provision and for God to put people in his path that need to hear his message of hope.
 
Every Step
Jason Truett

How do you beat a Goliath? David did it with stones as the story would go and in his victory he shocked Philistines and Israelites alike. As he spun his sling and released the stone he yelled, “The Lord shall deliver you into my hands!” Pause right there and realize what David yelled…”The Lord shall….”Underline that word “shall,” highlight it, remember it. God didn’t bring David to Goliath…no…he brought Goliath to David. Why? To be stopped, to be slain, to be vanquished, if you will.

Sometimes we plead and beg God to know why He plopped us down in the middle of a storm to face giants. Sometimes we often forget that it is the giants God has brought to face us.  I remember that old saying “If God brings you to it He will bring you through it.” Sometimes it may be to strengthen us and to get us ready but other times it may be to bring this giant down so that others will not have to face it.

God never gives us more than we can handle and I truly believe that. In my book, Every Step, the reader gets a firsthand account of my trials and my journey from atheism to Christianity. The reader will also see how God has gone way before me to prepare the steps ahead. As I wrote the story I got a better understanding of my own life and realized that God was preparing me for something so huge and to slay the upcoming giants that He will deliver into my hands. The biggest thing to remember is that God will always prepare you and guide you and help bring down the giants he has delivered into your hands.

I hope everyone enjoys my book, Every Step, which is now available on: on Amazon
In a few short days from now I will be starting a new journey which will consist of hiking across the country. I will start in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and head 2,800 miles west to San Diego, California. I invite everyone to follow me on my personal website www.supermanfriday.wordpress.com where there will we links to purchase my book and follow me on Facebook as well.


Posted by The walk on Sunday, May 24, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace