Why the hard stuff, Lord?

My first marathon study night had been completed.  "I don't remember it being this hard before," I said to myself.  Indeed, I've had to study harder, dig deeper than I ever did in undergraduate.  There is also an extra desire to do so that comes from age and experience.  I'm not going to miss a minute.  There were plenty of undergraduate days I coasted through.

"Lord, why the hard stuff in our lives?"  My days as an undergraduate were "coasting" years in my personal life too.  The older I get it seems, the bigger mountains I am called to face.  They require more time, more prayer.  "I would be perfectly content to coast, Lord."

Coasting is a nice lifestyle.  Passing time, enjoying the pleasures.  There are a few coasting times we get to experience, usually long enough to catch our breath between the mountains.

But we don't learn nearly as much coasting.  The times we are called to buckle down and give it all we have, those are the times in our lives we grow as a person.  So imagine....if it weren't for the trying times we would just as soon not face, we would not be nearly the person we are because of them.

2 Timothy 2:15
Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.

God expects us to buckle down, take our lives seriously, and work hard!  He's awfully proud of us when we do.  We have an awesome textbook (the Bible), and practical application opportunities every single day.   Study, learn, succeed.  Don't let the opportunity to become more pass you by "coasting" along.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace