Happy New Year!

The Call of Jeremiah
 4 The word of the LORD came to me:    5 I chose you before I formed you in the womb;
    I set you apart before you were born.
    I appointed you a prophet to the nations. 

    6 But I protested, "Oh no, Lord GOD ! Look, I don't know how to speak since I am [only] a youth." 
    7 Then the LORD said to me:
    Do not say: I am [only] a youth,
    for you will go to everyone I send you to
    and speak whatever I tell you. 

    8 Do not be afraid of anyone,
    for I will be with you to deliver you.
          [This is] the LORD's declaration.

    9 Then the LORD reached out His hand, touched my mouth, and told me:
    Look, I have filled your mouth with My words.

    10 See, today I have set you
    over nations and kingdoms
    to uproot and tear down,
    to destroy and demolish,
    to build and plant.



January 1, 2011...its a new year.  A time when it seems we all take a look at our lives and decide to make a fresh start.  We make "resolutions" to do things differently.  


No children around, and husband still in bed, I sat down at my computer this morning.  I enjoy reading my Bible online.  (New Year's Resolution #1...this doesn't happen enough).  I look at a passage in two or three different translations because they usually speak to me in different ways.


God has laid on my heart to study Jeremiah.  Ten verses in, his message to me was clear.  Its God, having a conversation with Jeremiah.  Jeremiah feeling like I do so often...feeling inadequate to accomplish the tasks he has been called to do.  Jeremiah makes excuses, and each time, God tells him he has that taken care of and that he already has provided.  He has called him for great things and has provided the tools Jeremiah needs. 


I have made resolutions for myself this year.  I want to lose the rest of the weight I started working on last year.  I want to give more dedicated time to my family.  I want to be more involved in my community.  I want to be more organized and less cluttered.  I want to excel in my career.  On this first day of 2011, God rearranged my resolutions and gave me these as my most important:


  1. Trust:  If you will listen and follow...I will take care of you.
  2. Don't make excuses:  I have taken care of you...see resolution number 1.
  3. Sew seeds with no fear.  I have prepared you.  You are more than adequate for the tasks I give you.
Whatever God calls us to do this year, know that we are equipped and enabled.  Happy New Year!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace