Monday, Monday

Mondays for me bring all sorts of anxiety.  I guess its being out of routine.  Somehow staring at the day and week's to do list always sends pits through my stomach.  (Stops momentarily to read my earlier post on worrying).

Anyway, I awoke yesterday morning to Mercy Me's song "Bring the Rain."  A song whose words are so powerful, telling "if that's what it takes for us to praise you, Jesus Bring the Rain."  Praising God in our trials?  Seems like an amazing feat. Most of the time I want to hang my head in the corner and pretend its not happening.  After I've failed at "fixing things myself," I shamefully cry to God for help.  Yes, he's seen me through many trials, and delivered me from even my own not so Mrs. Fixit self.  See...God does perform miracles.

So yesterday as I drove, I talked with God about this song.  Angie Smith has a beautiful blog called "Bring the Rain" that tells of their joy during the birth and death of their daughter Audrey.  I thought about my friend Joe knowing that when God brings him through his present struggles, he will have an amazing testimony to share.

"But God, I would rather praise you during my little struggles...I don't want you to "bring the rain" just so I can praise you," my heart pleaded.

I laid my head down last night still thinking of the lesson God was trying to share.  So...its 5:15 on Tuesday morning, and while I am folding laundry, packing Troy's suitcase to send him off for the week, running the list of what errands I had to do before leaving town today myself, checking the schedule for practices, meetings, etc...God lays it out for me.

Whether our "rain" is a gentle mist or a pouring flood, its about the peace of knowing that whatever trials I may face, he is there.  Its about the joy of knowing suffering is only temporary, and we have a heavenly home waiting for us.  Its also about attitude.  If we can face our trials head on when God brings the rain, what an example we set for others.  Its about remembering nothing is too big, or too little for God.

So this morning, I wish you joy and peace and a sunny day.  But just in case you have a little rain, don't forget your praise.


Bring the Rain by Mercy Me
I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of the clouds that may
loom above because you are much greater than
my pain you who made a way for me suffering
your destiny so tell me whats a little rain

[1st Chorus]

Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
is the lord God almighty
is the lord God almighty
I'm forever singing

[2nd Chorus 2x]

everybody singing
Holy holy holy
you are holy
you are holy

[2nd Chorus 2x]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace