Starting Over

I've spent a lot of quality time with my computer this weekend...and last week. Its that time of the year with my job where we close the books on one year, then plan and prepare for the next. I've been evaluating reports, crunching numbers and typing like a mad woman.

Admittedly, the 2009 season was one I was glad to close the books on. It was a difficult year. So as I sat working on 2010 plans it hit me, what if every time we had a tough season in our lives, wouldn't it be great if we could close the books on that part of our life and start over?

Well guess what? We can.

Its called Grace.

Our Father forgives us for our mistakes and shortcomings. He takes out his big eraser and wipes them all away. The harder part is allowing ourselves to do the same thing. I'm the worst at forgiving myself and moving on.

This week on one of my road warrior days, I was priviledged to hear David Crowder sing and talk about one of his new songs "Oh, How He Loves Us" The song has played over and over again in my head. Today, as I watched the video and saw the words again...I know why it stayed with me:

And my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don’t have time to maintain these regrets, When I think about, the way… He loves us,

He loves us! He forgives us. Remembering that is enough. Remembering how he forgets...and how I should forgive myself...and allow myself to start over.

Here's the song. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWgeUrD4MHI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace