Nailing it Down


It has been a while since I have published a blog.  It has been a pretty busy last few months with some amazing God inspired events I hope to share with you soon.  Until then, here is the very best of those.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:13

This is a verse God laid on my heart about four years ago.  It was a transition time in our family.  I left my more than full time job and went back to graduate school.  It has been four hard years, full of plenty of life lessons.  Over and over, this particular verse has stood out.  It is posted above my desk.  It is highlighted in my Bible.  And it is branded into my heart.

9/11/16.  A Day to Remember
In the 43 years I have been on this planet I had never given my whole life to Christ.   I've put him in a box, allowed him to work on my terms, and pouted as a child at the times when he didn't let things go the way I expected.

It took four hard years of refining me to show me who deserves the control.  My way was not getting things accomplished, no matter how hard I fought.  I experienced forgiveness from friends and family that I truly didn't deserve, and I saw God work exceedingly abundantly in our lives and in the life of my church.

I had been wrestling for many months about my salvation.  I've been in church from the time I was born. I made a fire insurance commitment to Christ as a child.  Ironically, I stood that morning and sang as part of a solo "I still remember, the day you saved me, the day I heard you call out my name."

Something stabbed me in the heart as soon as the words came from my mouth.  I knew what I needed to do, but it was hard to admit that I had been playing church for so many years.  I knew about God, but I did not know God.  I had to give him my whole heart.

Its about a relationship, not a religion.

9/11/16
Sitting in my pastor's office with my pastor's wife, I prayed and gave my life to Christ.  I nailed down my salvation...no more doubts, no more half-hearted attempts at being a Christian.  I now belong fully to him, a true child of the King.

I even got to do a redo on my solo and sing it with the conviction it deserved.

My goal was to pen this right after it happened.  I'm kind of glad it worked out where I didn't.  Because I have to tell you it is now November, and life is still happening.  There are days that I take more than I can give, to borrow a line from Colton Dixon.  The struggles of life are still very real.  But there is a peace about it.  One I have never had before.  My time on this earth is temporary, but my life with Christ will last an eternity.  Signed and sealed.

God, thank you for the promise of eternal life for those who believe in your son Jesus and give their lives to you.  Father I pray that I can be a shining light in a dark world and a witness for you.  Place me in the path of those who need to hear about your love, and give me eyes to see and boldness to speak.  Amen.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

A True Friend

Go and Tell