He Will Not Let Go

Deuteronomy 31:6  (NIV)
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

I've started to have people asking when my next blog was going to come out.  I've always let God lead the timing.  My entries have been few and far between this year.  It's not because he hasn't been speaking, and thankfully it hasn't been because I haven't been listening. 

In April, I started a series of medications to control my constant dizziness and vertigo that left me feeling even worse than before.  While my heart has been filled with stories to share, my brain simply would not give me the words I needed to convey the deep love and protection sent from my heavenly father during this time.

There have been lots of days that just getting through the day was an accomplishment.  My 10 minute commute to work many mornings included listening to a song that brought much comfort, Laura Story's. "He Will Not Let Go."  One day this week in my quiet time, I went to the scripture she used as her inspiration for the song.  Its from the 31st chapter of Deuteronomy. 

In Deuteronomy 31, God tells Moses its time for him to turn over the reigns to Joshua, who would lead the people of Israel into the promised land.  While it is a book that contains a great promise of God, it is not a book that speaks of happy times. God knew there would be some large battles to face in order to receive the prize he had prepared for them.

Not once, but three times, does God give Joshua the words, "Be strong and courageous."  He warns Joshua of the hard times ahead.  The task of getting to the promised land would require courage and steadfastness.  It would require total dependence on the Lord for their deliverance from the people who already inhabited the land.

Take comfort in knowing we have a God that goes before us, AND with us through everything we face.  He will never leave us, nor forsake us.

Those days where it just seems like we can't face another thing, or take another step...we're not alone.  Here's Laura Story's lyrics and song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace

A True Friend