The Details, Psalm 139

Psalm 139

13For You shaped me, inside and out.
You knitted me together in my mother’s womb long before I took my first breath.
14 I will offer You my grateful heart, for I am Your unique creation, filled with wonder and awe.
You have approached even the smallest details with excellence;
Your works are wonderful;
I carry this knowledge deep within my soul.
15 You see all things; nothing about me was hidden from You
As I took shape in secret,
carefully crafted in the heart of the earth before I was born from its womb.
16 You see all things;
You saw me growing, changing in my mother’s womb;
Every detail of my life was already written in Your book;
You established the length of my life before I ever tasted the sweetness of it.
17 Your thoughts and plans are treasures to me, O God! I cherish each and every one of them!
How grand in scope! How many in number!
18 If I could count each one of them, they would be more than all the grains of sand on earth. Their number is inconceivable!
   

It's my birthday, another year to celebrate.  Every time I read Psalm 139 I marvel at the realization God had every detail of my life planned out, my book of life written, long before I ever made my entrance into this world. 

There have been some beautiful things to celebrate this year.  I finally realized my dream of going back to graduate school.  Shortly after that dream falling into place, God sent me the career position I had been praying to happen for three years.  At 41, I'm starting to see fruit in my life after finally saying yes and allowing God to lead my life instead of fighting to create the life I had planned for myself.  He has grown me in ways I would not have imagined possible.  I truly treasure his precious gifts.

This week I lost focus of the treasures.  The problem solver in me has been seeking for the answer to overcoming the vestibular migraine diagnosis (migraine associated vertigo) I received a couple of months ago.  I've been researching to learn as much as I can to fight the battle and regain my balance and hearing. In the process, I have run across many people who have fought the same battle for several years.  Many have had to retire on medical disability and are using walkers or canes to get around.  It hit home, hard, and after facing another attack earlier in the week I let it overwhelm me thinking about what the future might hold. 

Last night God placed on my heart Psalm 139 again, making sure I caught the message in verse 14:

14 I will offer You my grateful heart, for I am Your unique creation, filled with wonder and awe.
You have approached even the smallest details with excellence;
Your works are wonderful;
I carry this knowledge deep within my soul.

I am his unique creation.  He has taken my life, every detail of it, and planned it with excellence.  His works are wonderful, and my heart knows this.  Every detail of my life includes the great things and the not so good things.  Regardless of what tomorrow holds, the details were handled with excellence, and I need not worry about it. 

My birthday message: 
Each day is a gift from God. They all contain 24 hours, 1440 minutes, 86,400 seconds.  We are not promised a tomorrow.  Don't waste one precious minute of the time God has given you.  Live each day to the fullest, with no regrets, letting him lead the way.  Keep a grateful heart, and don't let your mind get side tracked by the world's idea of reality.

I thank God for the peace of knowing he's leading my way, walking beside me, and carrying me along on those days I don't do a good job of taking care of myself (or maybe I'm trying too hard to do things by myself).  If you don't have that peace, I would love to share it with you. 

Here's to more birthdays!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace