2013

I've always been a planner.  I found my love for event planning in high school, and for the past 20 years I've had the privilege to work and volunteer with so many different events.  Making the list, putting the pieces together, promoting, then sitting back and watching the activity unfold...I love the process. 

When you plan, you have expectations.  Good planning means also planning for the unexpected, thinking through all the what if's and making a plan to take care of them so your events run smoothly.

I guess it is only natural to let something like that spill over into my personal life.  I like to plan it out too.  My husband gets so upset with me sometimes for "over thinking" things.  I like my list, and I like my road map. 

I've been thinking about this subject a lot the past few days.  As 2013 comes to an end, I have to tell you it was one of the toughest years of my life.  It wasn't tragedy, misfortune or illness that makes this year stand out. It was the battle of self control.

I wrestled with God over control of my life for a long time.  In September 2012, I surrendered to God's call to let him lead.  Immediately a huge burden was lifted off my heart, and how I expected the pieces of my puzzle to fall into place because I had made this ultimate decision.  I realize now that was just the start of the learning process he had planned for me.  Self does not die easily...especially in my hard headed, unyielding world.

2013 has been a wrestling match.  I've fought,and I've worried.  But I sit here right now looking back on months of bumpy roads, in situations where I could do nothing but look up...and see how every need, and some incredibly special wish list items, were filled...all without my help.  His provision has been simply amazing.  The delights of my heart he has given on top miraculous.  I'm awestruck at his goodness and mercy.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart.  Jeremiah 29:13

Part of the life verses I claimed many years ago, the last verse sums up my 2013...the importance of seeking with ALL your heart.

Make a commitment in 2014 to give him ALL of you.  He gave ALL for us, does he not deserve it? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

A True Friend

Go and Tell