Happy Anniversary


Happy Anniversary, Troy!  May 25, 1996, we stood in front of our family and friends and made a commitment to a lifetime together. 

Love, 17 years ago, meant you treated me like a lady.
Love, 17 years ago, meant you listened to what I had to say.
Love, 17 years ago, meant you held my hand, and took me to dinner.
Love, 17 years ago, meant the excitement of buying a house together.

Love grows, and love changes.  As we grow together love deepens and takes on a whole new meaning.

Love, today, means the fulfillment of the vows we made that day...for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health.
Love means making the tough decisions together with prayerful consideration.
Love means often giving up our time to pour into preparing two children for a great big world.
Love means saying I'm sorry, a lot.
Love means needing to say I'm sorry more than what we do.
Love means compromise.
Love is the admiration of watching you grow in your Christ-lead role of father and husband.
And above all, love means standing together, praying together, and letting God be the leader of our lives.

We may fight, and we may disagree, but one thing is for certain.  I know that no matter what circumstances we may face, we will face them together.  That is true love.

I am so thankful God brought me someone in my life who's not just like me.  God sent me an dreamer with no fear of going for it.  A dedicated man who always does what he says he will do.  That's such a great balance for the too practical, won't start something unless I'm sure I can do it perfectly right person.

That good looking man with the great smile that stole my heart has also become an amazing father...and becoming more so every day.  He loved to rock babies at 3 a.m., and now he is making sure our children learn the important lessons they will need to thrive in this great big world...and he's leading by example.

Lord, thank you for squarely planting the right man in my path to be my husband.  Thank you for providing abundantly during our marriage.  Help us to continue to grow in your path for our lives and to always seek your will above ours.


l1 Corinthians 13:4-7
New International Version (NIV)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace