Lavishly Loved

1 John 3:1 New International Version (NIV) 3 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 

When I think about the word lavish,a beautiful princess comes to mind. Dressed in a beautiful dress, hair perfect. She's surrounded by a staff who takes care of her every need. Lavishly loved.

Most days I don't feel like a princess.  There is no staff, and it seems I pour more of me out than I get put back in.  

Friday was a road trip day. I was on my way to the doctor for a procedure and a test...and a nervous wreck.  The weather was gloomy, drizzly and gray.  The results of the test had been consuming me for weeks.  We had been dealing with vehicle issues.  Several other things weighed heavy on my mind.  I felt completely overwhelmed.

As I topped the hill, there was a moment of sunshine and I began to smile.  In the midst of the gray and gloom, God send me a ray of sunshine as a reminder he is still there.  As I drove on toward my destination, he brought to mind one after the other the great things he has done in my life. 

Sure, there are looming test results, but he has restored my balance in a way that is just simply amazing.  One by one I began to name other things that he has done and prayers he has answered, above and beyond my wildest expectations.

Sunshine warming my face.  Lavishly loved.  I got the concept loud and clear.

My heavenly father loves me enough to not only supply my needs, but he goes above and beyond what I ask or expect.  God didn't just half way wipe away our sins, he lavished us with his greatest possession, his son Jesus Christ, giving us eternal life and a hope for the future.

Our roads are not paved straight and smooth, but even in the times when we feel like the curves and mountains are one on top of the other, we can feel his great love. 

It is so easy to let darkness and doubt consume you.  It is so easy to look at the things in this world that pull and tug at us.  But guess what?  Even in the tough times its just as easy to see the great and wonderful things he has placed in our path, the blessings he has poured out abundantly in our lives...grace and mercy so rich we can't fathom the cost.

Dust off that crown and put it on a head held high.  We are royalty, and we are lavishly loved.

Father, thank you for pouring out over and over your blessings on my life.  Help me to always see your marvelous works even when things aren't exactly perfect in my life.  Thank you for the lavish gift you gave by sending your only precious son to die on the cross for my sins when I didn't deserve it at all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace

A True Friend