Goodbye my friend

I really don't know where I am going with this post, except to say my heart is broken clean into.  Yesterday, we buried Elvis, Noah's cat that has aways had more personality than his body would hold.  A Pit Bull shook him to death in seconds underneath our trees.  Thankfully none of us were around to hear or see what happened. 

He added so much life to our family.  He belonged to both our son Noah, with whom Elivs fished and swam.  He also belonged to our cocker spaniel Jasmine, who slept by his side.  And yes, I was quite fond of him too.  More than I am willing to admit.

I held my eight-year-old son as he sobbed himself to sleep last night, and I sobbed right along with him.

And in the big scheme of life, this is just one more thing on the pile of disappointments and disasters that I've seemed to fall into lately.  Its seems the harder I try, the harder I fall.  As if I am climing up a hill of solid ice, gaining hold for only a second, then slipping farther down.

Yeah, I'm a bit discouraged right now.  However I am holding to a verse from John 16:33 NIV I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

We know the end of the story, and that is what is important.  Victory is ours.  While we let Satan get a hold of us and drag us down, we know who the winner of the battle will be. 

My friends, whatever trials and struggles are weighing you down today, take heart.  Jesus overcame this world, and we will too!  Please pray for me that I can be the example for my children of how to have victory in the storms of life.

Allow me to pray with you about your disappointments and concerns.  You may email me at taylorandnoahsmom@yahoo.com




Comments

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your precious pet. Praying for Noah and your family. Jennifer,
    I thank you for sharing your heart and convictions on your blog. It brings encouragement everytime I read your entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for Noah, you, Taylor and Troy! You always encourage me, but if ever there was a day I needed to be reminded of the scripture you quoted, today was the day. I Corinthians 10:13 has always been my favorite verse, but I think I now have a second fav! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Settling for Less

On a Very Personal Note-Perfect Peace

A True Friend